Mr. Stanley Leusink, age 55, of Hull, passed away Tuesday, April 12, at the Sioux Valley Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

There will be a funeral service on Friday, April 15, at 1:30pm, at the Carmel Reformed Church. Interment will follow at the Hope Cemetery in Hull. Visitation will be after 2:00pm on Thursday, with the family present from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, at the Oolman Funeral Home in Hull.

Stanley Allen was born on February 7, 1950, in Pipestone, Minnesota, the son of William and Tena (Vogel) Leusink. He was raised at Pipestone, where he attended high school. During the Vietnam Conflict, he served in the United States Army. He then moved to Hull.

On June 12, 1974, he married Valerie Ann Van Ginkel in Hull. They made their home in Hull, where he was employed by Koyker's, Groeneweg's, and the Hull Co-operative Gas and Oil. About 1989, he was forced to take early retirement, because of multiple sclerosis.

“Stan” was a member of the Christian Reformed Church and the Wegman-Koele American Legion Post in Hull. He organized and faithfully attended the Army's 59th Land Clearers reunions.

He enjoyed watching M.A.S.H. on television and liked to travel, especially when they went camping.

Survivors include his wife of thirty years, “Val”; a daughter and her husband, Amanda and Chad Rozeboom, of Hull; three sons, Wade Leusink, and his wife, Lindsey, of Pipestone; Ryan Leusink, of Sioux Falls; and Chris Leusink, of Hull, and his fiance, Amanda Van Ginkel; five grandchildren, Dylan, Austin, and Brooklyn Rozeboom; and Teagan and Nevaeh Leusink; his mother, Tena Leusink, of Sioux Center; five brothers, Henry and Kenneth Leusink, both of Hull; John Leusink, of Orange City; Bill Leusink, of Maurice; and David Leusink, of Charlevoix, Michigan; and eight sisters, Alvina Smith, of Sioux Falls; Marlene Van Beek, of Ireton; Janet Kellemeyn, of Ivanhoe, Minnesota; Phyllis Otten, of Tea, South Dakota; Hedy Van Bruggen, of Sioux Center; Thelma Brown, of Huron, South Dakota; and Bernice Doornink and Denise Vander Broek, both of Sioux Center.

He was preceded in death by his father.