Where to get help and additional information


Veterans with Questions about Agent Orange Key Contacts:

VA's Toll-free Special Issues Helpline at


Your nearest VA medical center, which you can locate at www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp  

For general questions about Agent Orange,

contact VA's toll-free Special Issues Helpline at


You also can find information on our web page at


If you are concerned about possible long-term consequences of your exposure and served in Vietnam, Korea along the DMZ in April 1968 through July 1969, or were exposed to Agent Orange or other herbicides elsewhere during the

testing, transporting, or spraying of herbicides for military purposes, contact the nearest VA medical center to request an

Agent Orange examination.

You can find the VA medical center nearest you at


If you are a Vietnam veteran and need medical treatment for conditions that may be related to herbicides used in Vietnam:  Contact the nearest VA medical center for eligibility information and possible medical treatment, or call VA's toll-free Special Issues Helpline at 1-800-749-8387.  

You can find the VA Medical Center nearest you at:


If you encounter difficulties at a VA medical center:

Ask the medical center telephone operator for the patient advocate or representative.

Vietnam veterans with children with spina bifida:

Contact VA's national toll-free hotline at 1-888-820-1756, or the nearest VA regional office by calling toll-free 1-800-827-1000. Additional information about spina bifida- is available from the Spina Bifida Association of America at 4590 MacArthur Blvd, NW, Suite 250, Washington, DC 20007, or toll-free at 1-800-621-3141, or by email at sbaa@sbaa.org

 The web site is www.sbaa.org             

For disability information: Contact a VA veterans' services representative at the nearest VA regional office or health care facility to talk with a counselor and apply for disability compensation. VA disability counselors have information about the wide range of benefit programs that VA administers.

The national toll-free number is 1-800-827-1000. To start a disability claim online, go to www.va.gov  You also can get information about disability compensation from VA's toll-free Special Issues Helpline at 1-800-749-8387.

Representatives of Veterans Service Organizations

have been of great help to many military veterans,     

including Vietnam veterans who are seeking benefits they

earned through their service to the Nation. (VA does not

endorse or recommend any specific group over another.)

State and County Veteran Service Officers are also

good resources for Vietnam and other veterans.

For additional benefits information, see VA's Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents booklet. This booklet is updated annually to reflect changes in law and policies and is available at


It also may be purchased from the U.S. Government Printing Office either at their website


or by mail: U.S. Government Printing Office, Superintendent of Documents, Washington, DC 20402.

VA's World Wide Web pages are updated throughout the year to present the most current information. The VA home page www.va.gov  contains links to selections on compensation and pension benefits, health care benefits and services, burial and memorial benefits, etc.